In this article, we will discuss what an ETF is, and the most liquid ETFs designed for day traders. If you’re trying to find ways to invest your hard-earned money, you may want to consider trading ETFs (Exchange Traded Funds). ETFs are investment funds traded like stocks on an exchange, like the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Many people are interested in ETFs because they offer flexibility and liquidity.
An ETF is a fund that includes a set of underlying securities, such as high yield corporate bonds, stocks, or commodities. ETFs are traded on exchanges and can be bought and sold throughout the day. Many people invest in ETFs because they offer diversification and are liquid. There are over 4000 ETFs available globally, with many more in the works.
ETFs have become increasingly popular among investors and traders as they have looked for ways to trade different asset classes and strategies. Many different types of ETFs are available, but the most liquid ones are typically those that track major indexes like the S&P 500 or the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
Reasons for Trading ETFs
There are many reasons to consider day trading ETFs as an investment vehicle.
– Access to a broad range of assets: You can trade ETFs that track indexes, sectors, or specific assets (like commodities such as oil, gold, or silver). This gives you access to a wide range of investment opportunities and allows you to participate in the overall market for that sector without putting all of your eggs into single stocks within a sector.
– ETF Liquidity: ETFs are highly liquid, meaning they can be easily bought and sold. This makes them ideal for day trading. No need to ever worry about getting out of a trade when you want because there is always a buyer on the other side, as there is always considerable trading volume. You will also notice that most ETFs will benefit from tight bid ask spreads.
– Cost efficiency: ETFs are generally more cost-efficient than other investment vehicles, such as mutual funds.
– Flexibility: You can buy and sell ETFs like a regular stock during the day. This means that you can take advantage of market fluctuations.
– Exposure to a Wide Range of Strategies: This can be helpful for those who want to diversify their portfolios while also taking advantage of different market conditions. ETFs can work with many day trading strategies available. You can apply them to a stock chart and add any technical indicators you desire.
– Lower Fees: ETFs often have lower fees than traditional mutual funds. This can make them more attractive for day traders, who may be looking to minimize costs.
–Liquid Options: If you are interested in trading options, it may be good to know that most ETFs have options contracts available to be traded as well.
ETFs Trade Considerations
Now that you know a little bit more about ETFs, you may wonder how to start day trading them.
– Find a good broker: The first step is to find a good broker that offers ETF trading. Once you’ve found a broker, you’ll need to open an account and deposit money into it. Once completed, you can begin buying and selling ETFs.
– Look at the major indices: Choose an ETF that tracks a major index. This step will help to ensure that there is enough liquidity in the market.
– Check Fees: You need to know the fees associated with each ETF.
– Choose A Strategy: Choose a strategy you are comfortable with trading. Ensure that you spend some time back testing to ensure it will be a workable strategy for you.
Most Liquid ETFs
Many different types of ETFs are available, but the most liquid ones are typically those that track major indexes like the S&P 500 or the Dow Jones Industrial Average. Here is a list of the most liquid ETFs and popular ETFs.
–SPY: The most popular ETF is the SPY ETF which tracks the S&P 500 Index. The SPY ETF comprises the 500 largest companies by market capitalization listed on the NYSE or NASDAQ.
–QQQ: The QQQ ETF tracks the NASDAQ 100 index. This index includes 100 of the largest companies that trade on the NASDAQ stock market. These companies are leaders in their respective fields and offer investors a way to get exposure to many sectors of the economy.
–SLV: The SLV ETF is an ETF that tracks the price of silver. The SLV ETF is a popular choice for investors looking to add exposure to silver to their portfolios. The ETF provides a convenient way to invest in silver without having to take physical delivery of the metal.
–UVXY: UVXY ETFs are exchange-traded funds that track the performance of the S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures Index. UVXY is one of the most popular ETFs for day traders because it offers them exposure to VIX futures with high liquidity. UVXY is also one of the most volatile ETFs, making it a profitable day trading vehicle for those who have experience trading it.
–IWM: The IWM ETF is an exchange-traded fund that tracks the Russell 2000 Index. The Russell 2000 Index is a small-cap stock market index of the bottom 2000 stocks in the Russell 3000 Index. IWM is a good ETF to day trade if you are looking for high volume and liquidity.
–XLE: One popular ETF is the XLE, which tracks the energy sector. The XLE comprises companies involved in oil and gas exploration, production, and transportation. These companies are typically large and well-established, making the XLE a reasonably stable investment. Investors interested in day trading ETFs should keep an eye on the XLE, as it can sometimes be volatile. Day traders can take advantage of these fluctuations by buying and selling the XLE as it moves up and down.
–EEM: The iShares MSCI Emerging Markets ETF (EEM) is an ETF that invests in emerging markets stocks.
Summary: Most Liquid ETFs
Exchange traded funds (ETFs) can be traded on the stock market and offer several benefits that other investment vehicles may not deliver.
Our day trading strategy does rely on trading liquid ETFs, like SPY. We have an easy trading plan built around only day trading SPY.
Maurice Kenny has helped over 600 people become financially free through one-on-one coaching, mentorship, and options trading strategy. Many of these new traders are now full-time traders, and they all started by watching his 1-hr webinar.
Feel free to check out other FREE educational resources to help guide you as you begin your new journey to financial freedom.
Also, download a (FREE E-BOOK) by Maurice Kenny, “DAY TRADE LIKE A MILLIONAIRE.”
Leave a Reply