Many traders resort to reading a motivational or inspirational quotes by professional traders to encourage them. Inspirational quotes provide a quick and timely dose of wisdom to help us get back into a flow towards success. Maintaining a positive mindset while trading is as important as the charts you are analyzing. The right quote at the right time can bring clarity to a situation throughout the trading day. Below, you will find a list of selected inspirational quotes to encourage you when your trading day isn’t going well. Day trading challenges will always be a part of your journey whether you are a novice or a pro.
Day trading success offers many advantages that allow you more control over your time and life. At the same time, day trading requires a positive mindset to persist through adverse personal and market fluctuations.
Mindset Is Everything
As a novice trader, there will be times when day trading gets tough. At some point, you may need some kind of inspirational encouragement whether from a fellow trader or from a quote to keep you inspired and moving forward.
In order to be a successful trader, you have to have a positive mindset to deal with the roller coaster of emotions that are associated with trading in the stock market. A positive mindset every single day will help you to analyze your charts with a clear mind. Inspirational quotes will encourage you to have confidence in your trading abilities, your abilities to analyze your charts, and the trading strategy that you have adopted. Your ability to become a successful trader depends more on your mental attitude more than on your technical analysis.
Believing and envisioning yourself as a successful trader has to be the first step in your trading journey to freedom.
“Your actions affect your attitude and your attitude drives your actions. It can indeed be powerful to get your actions and your attitude working consistently in the same direction.”
So, get out your sticky notes!
Disciplined Traders Win More
Maintaining strict discipline will help grow your trading account exponentially. Most novice traders are often much closer to finding their market edge than they think. But they’re missing something. And the missing piece is not a lack of knowledge, but the inability to follow a disciplined approach. Inspirational quotes can encourage you to stay the course when doubt creeps in.
- “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.”-Jim Rohn
Persevering Through it All
A disciplined trading strategy will not only help you make money trading, but will also develop your character, mindset, and skillset around how to win money, how to lose money, best trading times during intraday trading, best trades, and risk reward ratio, and stock price movements. Remember, to be a successful trader, you first must be in the market and then stay in the market.
- “One winning trade a day is all you need to be successful” – Maurice Kenny
- “If most traders would learn to sit on their hands 50 percent of the time, they would make a lot more money.” – Bill Lipschutz.
- “Investing should be more like watching paint dry or watching grass grow. If you want excitement, take $800 and go to Las Vegas.” – Paul Samuelson.
- “I’ve seen it with my own guys who have funded an account, lost it, refund it again, lose it again, and then suddenly, by the fourth time, they are up and running and finally trading well.” – Hoosain Harneker
Cutting Your Losses
While trading, the last thing you want is to continuously lose money and empty your entire trading account. Here are some inspirational quotes to encourage you.
- “Sometimes the best trade is no trade.” – Maurice Kenny
- “There is a time to go long, a time to go short, and a time to go fishing.” -Jesse Livermore.
- “Cut your losses. Cut your losses. Cut your losses. Then maybe you have a chance.” – Ed Seykota
- “Amateurs think about how much money they can make. Professionals think about how much money they could lose.” – Jack Schwager.
- “Don’t focus on making money; focus on protecting what you have.” – Paul Tudor Jones.
Avoiding Complexity & Emotional Trading
As you dig through a wealth of information all over the internet, it can be easy to fall into the trap of following a myriad of complex trading strategies related to financial markets, forex trading, options, investment advice, risk control, and all the math. A truly successful trader will remember to keep it simple. Take a look at some inspirational quotes from market leaders.
- “Once day trading is boring then you will be successful” – Maurice Kenny
- “It was really later on when I decided the reason there are so many technical indicators out there is because none of them work very well” – Chuck hays
- “Patterns don’t work 100% of the time. But they are still critical because they help you define your risk. If you ignore patterns and focus on hunches, feelings, and hot tips, just forget about achieving consistency.” – Ifan Wei
- “The purpose of trading is not being right, the purpose is to make money, and I think that’s my number-one rule. Don’t get hung up on your current positions.” – Dana Allen
- “The whole secret to winning big in the stock market is not to be right all the time, but to lose the least amount possible when you are wrong.” – William J. O’Neil
Hopefully, these inspirational quotes have inspired you to be patient and disciplined, avoid complex and emotional trading, cut your losses, quickly, make your goals about the process, not results, and persevere within your trading system. If you do not understand how markets truly work and develop a winning strategy, your results will be based on chance, not skill. Likewise, if you give up while losing money, you will not see the financial success you initially envisioned. People lose money while trading but it is the equivalent of paying tuition for acquiring a new skill. But many people also understand the key to trading success and eventually become profitable traders.
Be Inspired and Take Action
Are your sticky notes in place with lots of inspirational quotes to get you going? Alongside a daily dose of trading quotes, you will also need a day trading checklist that can keep you focused and encourage you to consistently take the same steps each day as you approach trading. Feel free to download it HERE.
Maurice Kenny is a profitable day trader and coach that is available to keep you motivated and inspired and assist you in creating your own day trading checklist to complement the profitable strategy that he has taught hundreds of students. If you are very new to trading or if you have years of experience but need a different approach, Maurice is here to help you become a profitable day trader and realize the profit potential you desire.
Feel free to check out our 1-hr webinar and other FREE educational resources to help guide you as you begin your new journey to financial freedom.
Also download a ( FREE E-BOOK ) by Maurice Kenny DAY TRADE LIKE A MILLIONAIRE.